Monday, August 6, 2007

Well it looks like we may have gotten the 200 point rally today versus tomorrow after the press release as I indicated in my previous blog. Really no surprise in my opinion. Since I am heavily short I bought protective calls this morning. Good thing I did. My guess is you may now see selling after the press release. Sort of buy the rumor and sell the news. Who knows who cares (unless your Cramer) but I find it fun to think about and I trade some around my positions mostly in the process of hedging.

On the hedge fund front, it is so frustrating. This is going to be fairly time consuming and there are SOOOO many ideas I want to pursue right now. This market correction has created a wealth of opportunities and I feel overwhelmed. I wasted all this morning calling law firms. Have set up a couple of appointments for Wednesday when I will take a trip to Austin. Hopefully I can find one that works for me on this trip. I want to be studying 10k's and working on probability scenarios not talking to lawyers. A necessary evil I guess.

No comments: