Thursday, May 22, 2008

Bill Gross Monthly Letter

I always enjoy Bill's thoughts. He is often times referred to the Warren Buffet of bonds. This one I think is the best one I have read in the last six months and unlike some of his thoughts I strongly agree. His write-up covers inflation. Highly recommend reading it.

http://www.pimco.com/LeftNav/Featured+Market+Commentary/IO/2008/IO+June+2008.htm

I’ll tell you another area where we’ve been foolin’ ourselves and that’s the belief that inflation is under control.

and

A readjustment of investor mentality in the valuation of all three of these investment categories – bonds, stocks, and real estate – would mean a downward adjustment of price of maybe 5% in bonds and perhaps 10% or more in U.S. stocks and commercial real estate.

No comments: