Thursday, October 11, 2007

Export / Import September Data

Export / Import data came out today. Normally I do not even glance at this stuff but there were a couple of very interesting points that seem to be trends.

One which I have talked about several times on this blog is China import prices. In May (I think that was the month) import prices switched from declining coming from China to rising. The September number % increase declined from August but it was still positive (if I remember correctly like .4% vs like .6%). The exact numbers are not important, I just glanced to see if the trend continued.

Secondly the trade deficit shrunk again because of surging exports (i.e. weak dollar) but also because of declining imports which shows continuing weakness in the economy.

Two very interesting data points in a normally very boring number.

No comments: