Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Brazilian Wealth

Good column from of all places the Dallas Morning News talking about Brazil. I am a huge Brazil fan. Investing outside the ADRs is not easy. You need a Brazilian tax id and account to invest directly in Brazil which I have done. Also, Buffett has a big currency position in Brazil. That I have not been able to replicate though I have tried but when you are as big as Buffett there are ways to get around things.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/bus/columnists/jlanders/stories/DN-Landers_15bus.ART0.State.Edition1.464d5f0.html

The U.S. may be in a recession, but these are the best economic times in Brazil's history. By government estimates, 20 million Brazilians raised their incomes enough to join the middle class in the last two years.

I still think the world food shortage issues will have to come to some degree from this country though it may be at the expense of some additional rain forests.

No comments: