Sunday, January 6, 2008

An Argument Against Inflation

http://www.centman.com/2007update.html

This is a thought provoking presentation by Century Management. It is over 2 hours long (I only watched 2 hrs) (it is nice to work for yourself, don't think I could have done that at my previous job) but Wayne Angel gives his argument on why he thinks inflation is not a problem and we are entering a time period of ultra low inflation causing equities to be a screaming buy. Because that is very counter to my own thinking I wanted to hear what he had to say.

There is also interesting discussion about the consumer balance sheet which they argue is very strong and argued that we are in an oil bubble (which I disagree with).

Anyway Century Management has a very good long term track record and so it is worth listening to if you have the time.

Thanks goes to Pete for bringing this to my attention.

No comments: