Monday, March 17, 2008

Abby Cohen Out as Chief S&P 500 Forecaster at Goldman

This will not mean much to many of you and really does not mean much overall but this was a shocker for me. Britt (one of my mentors) talked about her alot because of his relationship with Goldman Sachs when he was President of Verizon Investment Management Corp. She was also a member of the bi-annual roundtable at Barrons. She is well known and well respected on Wall Street. Rather amazing.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=att2KcDob7ek&refer=home

Abby Joseph Cohen, the second-most bullish Wall Street strategist at the start of the year, was replaced by Goldman Sachs Group Inc. as the bank's chief forecaster for the U.S. stock market.

2 comments:

Justin said...

I don't follow Abby Cohen but I am aware that she has a reputation for being exceedingly (some would say blindly) bullish.

Her reputation would have benefited over the past 7 years or so that's for sure, right up to when the market tanked...

Market Seer said...

Yeah. Whenever you read what someone says you need to know how they view the world. Abby is always bullish. Jeremy Grantham is always bearish. When I want to get a bullish opinion I flip on Kudlow (though I usually hate watching the show) I try to make it a point not to drink your own cool aide.