Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Crazy World of Quantum Physics

In sticking with non finance postings, I am posting a couple of videos on quantum physics. The more you realize you don't know the smarter you are. The more you realize you are susceptible to folly the wiser you are. Such is the paradox of the world we line in. Despite my very very limited knowledge of the field, I love quantum physics because it makes me realize how much I don't know. On top of that it can help you from looking at things the same way. The Plankton Theory (not quantum physics) has been a great predictor on what has happened in the housing market and yet another reason why I think the end result will be some major dislocations in the U.S. economy.

Double Slit Experiment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_tNzeouHC4&feature=related

Entanglement
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dq454iFp2c&feature=related

My Favorite.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWyTxCsIXE4&feature=related
Mathematically it is argued that there are 10 or 11 dimensions. The study of this is called string theory. We live and understand 3 - width, height, and depth. We live in but have little understanding of the 4th time and have no perception of the additional dimensions that apparently exist at least in mathematics. Chew on that one for awhile.

I wanted to let everyone know in case you get curious and watch other clips is that my understanding is that these clips are pulled from some new age cult video. The clips I pulled are very basic science that I have studied elsewhere. These were just very easily understandable and covers quantum physics. I am not endorsing other clips or the video as a whole. I have not watched most of them.

No comments: