Sunday, June 8, 2008

More On War

There is nothing you can do much with this but I found it interesting. I would not go make any investment decision on it whatsoever. Over the last couple of months I have been inching into gold on pullbacks. I am not making any prediction on gold, it just makes me comfortable knowing that a couple of % points of the portfolio has some exposure to a great inflation and war hedge. There has also been a large decoupling of oil from the price of gold which actually leads some credence in my mind to peak oil. Anyway like I said, I found it an interesting read.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/does-gold-commodities-surge-signal/story.aspx?guid=%7BD534C413%2D16E9%2D4738%2DA2A2%2D5BF0D81936DB%7D

Bears were blindsided by the past week's sudden spike in gold and commodities. But gold bugs have an explanation: the world smells war in the Middle East, specifically, an attack on Iran.

No comments: