Monday, June 22, 2009

New Orleans

As mentioned in the previous post, I am back from a trip that took me to College Station, then a little detour Thursday night to Houston, then Friday trip to Lafayette, then Saturday to New Orleans, and then Sunday all the way back through Houston home.

Never been to New Orleans. Amazing how different the culture is just 5.5 hours down the road. Sitting at dinner with a buddy and he started talking about family fixers. I was like what in the world is that? He was like you know, someone who you never talk to except if you need something fixed. If you have been arrested or any kind of problem. You call him and he takes care of it. Well I had never heard of a fixer in my life.

I was traveling with people who like to travel in style. Every meal was an unbelievable restaurant where I think the cheapest entree I saw was $27. They decided Saturday night to get a private car with a private driver. This driver was awesome. He took care of us. When we went in and decided we wanted champagne and red bull when we got back, he took care of it. Another friend who used to live in New Orleans knew the owner of a top club in New Orleans. We rolled up and went in VIP having our own couches with free bottle service and drinks.

Needless to say I am not used to living in that type of style but it was quite a trip.

No comments: