Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Zeke Ashton Interview

One of my favorite probably lesser known investors is Zeke Ashton from Centaur Capital. I have met him a couple of times and he is a great guy besides being a great investor. I love how he approaches the investing world and believe our views are pretty similar in how we look at things like portfolio construction. He uses options and leaps alot to minimize risk which I am very activity involved with as well. He did an interview with the Manual of Ideas that Seeking Alpha republished. I highly recommend reading it. It covers many of his points from his speech at the Value Investing Congress and discusses some major risk management themes in investing. Risk management in investing is not about formulas but about common sense. Of course when your losing money it sometimes means doing what you don't want to do but have to force yourself psychologically into doing it. Great read.

No comments: